No 8.0-BETA3 for ia64 & powerpc

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Fri Jul 31 21:45:36 UTC 2009

On Jul 31, 2009, at 12:23 PM, Andreas Tobler wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>
>> I'm on vacation for the next 10 days and that's right at the time
>> of BETA3 unfortunately. So there will be no BETA3 for ia64 and
>> powerpc (unless someone steps up).
>> Keep the testing going and keep reporting problems. They will all
>> be addressed in time for 8.0-RC1!!!
>
> Is it sufficent to build (kernel & world) and test -CURRENT svn on
> powerpc?

Yes, definitely. Just make sure to run...
	# make delete-old
	# make delete-old-libs
	# mergemaster -U

...after the install. That should cleanup some old stuff
that may prevent good testing.

BTW: A lot of libraries got their version bumped, so all
ports/packages need to be rebuilt.

FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar