FreeBSD on Apple eMac (ATI Radeon)

Jeremy Visser jeremy at visser.name
Sat Apr 25 04:22:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

I was just reading the FreeBSD/ppc Project page at
<http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/ppc.html>, and it seems people have
had success running FreeBSD on a 700MHz eMac.

I have a 1GHz eMac with a Radeon 7500 that I have been having problems
with X.org on (on Linux -- haven't tried FreeBSD on it). Basically, it
seems to think its VGA hardware is DVI hardware, and I have to manually
add a ConnectorTable entry to get a picture on the screen:

  Option "ConnectorTable" "100,1,0,1,108,2,0,1"

That hack works in Linux (I tried on Ubuntu and Gentoo), but I've never
tried FreeBSD.

Basically I'd like to know if anyone else has a Radeon eMac and they've
had any success with running X.org on it.

Many thanks,
Jeremy.