ADB support?

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 29 13:49:20 UTC 2008

Andreas Jönsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering how the ADB keyboard support is coming along?
> The last thing I've seen on this list is from July.

I've been stymied by a lack of hardware. It works great on my PowerMac
G3, but that has a different controller chip (CUDA) than the one
everybody wants support for (PMU, found in laptops). My current work is
here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/adb.diff

It has a PMU driver, which may just work. Of course, it more likely
won't... Motivated people are welcome to hack it, and I'd appreciate any
reports. To add this support, apply the patch to sys on a recent
-CURRENT, add the following to your kernel config, and recompile:

device cuda
device pmu
device adb
-Nathan