Call for testers: Apple ATA DMA

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Thu Sep 11 17:57:09 UTC 2008

On Thursday 11 September 2008 02:00:32 am Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
> The UDMA modes seem to require the DBDMA interrupt to work,
> and we can't allocate it right now because of this issue with the PCI
> bus driver. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

So when I did the MSI stuff I had assumed (apparently incorrectly), that PCI
functions would only every have 1 non-MSI interrupt (since there is only a
single INTLINE config register).  Is the extra interrupt coming from OF?  If
so, does OF support MSI at all?  You could always change the OF PCI bus
driver to not do MSI and use rid 1 IRQ for the OF indicated IRQ for a PCI
device by having custom alloc_resource/setup_intr/teardown_intr methods.

--
John Baldwin