PowerBook 12" hangs right after attaching ams0

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Fri Oct 31 05:53:40 PDT 2008

Ed Schouten wrote:
> * Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> wrote:
>> * Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn at freebsd.org> wrote:

>>> Could you try the latest HEAD? I poked around at my machines this
>>> morning to try to make them hang, succeeded, and then fixed some
>>> problems that make mouse probes hang after the keyboard is probed
>>> successfully.
>> I will. Unfortunately I have to compile some things first, so I'll get
>> back to you on that.
>
> Done. It now boots properly:
>
> | ams0: <ADB Mouse> at device 3 on adb0
> | ams0: 2-button 400-dpi Unknown Pointing Device
>
> I suspect ams(4) uses a protocol that's not supported by moused yet? If
> so, maybe I can find some time to look into that.

Glad it works, and thanks for testing!

It works just fine with moused. We just don't have a cursor on the
console on PPC, though you can still select stuff if you can divine the
position of the cursor in advance. It should also work fine in X. If you
feel motivated, you could add a "trackpad" class in adb_mouse_attach(),
so it doesn't say Unknown Pointing Device
-Nathan