PowerBook 12" hangs right after attaching ams0

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Wed Oct 29 23:15:40 PDT 2008

Hello all,

After using finnix to partition my PowerBook's hard driver (thanks
Horst), I managed to install FreeBSD properly. I still have to look into
the boot loader issue, but I first want to get the keyboard working.

I upgraded from the Oct 2008 snapshot CD to yesterday evening's HEAD.
After recompiling the kernel and booting it, it gets stuck right after
attaching ams0. I don't have time to copy the entire dmesg by hand here,
so here are the last messages when I `boot -v':

| adb0: <Apple Desktop Bus> on pmu0
| akbd0: <iBook Keyboard> at device 2 on adb0
| kbd: new array size 4
| kbd1 at akbd0
| ams0: <ADB Mouse> at device 3 on adb0

Nathan, is there some special kernel compile switch/command I can run to
provide you with more data?

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/