ATA DMA problems with recent -current

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Tue Oct 28 21:43:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

Nathan Whitehorn wrote:

>> Then I reverted ata-dma.c to revision 1.157. It works! I get no more
>> timeouts. Currently it's untarring the ports.tar.gz file quite
>> happily!
>
> Intriguing... that change was a typo fix. I guess we have to limit the
> maximum ATA DMA size for our controllers. I'll look around and commit a
> real fix later today.

I saw you committed something to ata_kauai.c. And in the commit log it
sounds to me that the real problem is not solved yet, correct?

I built yesterday on my imac and see these errors:
ad0: TIMEOUT - READ_DMA retrying (1 retry left) LBA=29430560
ad0: TIMEOUT - READ_DMA retrying (0 retries left) LBA=29430560
ad0: FAILURE - READ_DMA timed out LBA=29430560

I have wired my ata to macio.

Thanks,
Andreas