ATA DMA problems with recent -current

Marco Trillo marcotrillo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 12:47:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Marco Trillo <marcotrillo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is a full dmesg of the new kernel. In both this kernel and the
> working Oct 11 kernel, my "aoa" driver for sound is enabled. This is
> the only modification with respect to a CVS GENERIC kernel.

Hmm... I forgot to mention the changes to the 'ldscript.powerpc' file,
which are required to get the kernel to boot in this machine.
<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ppc/2008-September/003116.html>

I think it's possible that I have a messed up source tree. Or a messed
up "compile/" object  directory.

I'm going to remove the "compile/GENERIC" directory and get a fresh
source tree from CVS, without any modifications (except the
'ldscript.powerpc' file which I mentioned above); and see if the
problems persist.

Thanks,
Marco