Resignation, X being a <insert expletive>, and assorted questions.

Horst Günther Burkhardt III horst at sxemacs.org
Wed Oct 22 22:32:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 16:03 -0500, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:

> The modem is attached to one of the built-in uarts. I believe you have
> to enable it somehow, though, and I don't believe we support that.
> -Nathan

Oh well, it's not as if I'll ever need it anyway :)

Thanks for the prompt answer. Two more questions -

Is it safe to remove "kbdmux" from the kernel on my mac? (I use a usb
keyboard, if that has anything to do with it)...

Also am I right in assuming that md (memory disks) are an implementation
of RAMdisk functionality? and thus that I could safely remove it and
md_root from the kernel?

Thanks,
-- Horst.