Apologies for failing.

Horst Günther Burkhardt III horst at sxemacs.org
Mon Oct 13 12:36:52 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 23:59 +1000, Peter Grehan wrote:
> Not possible at this point. If Linux emulation existed, that
> would be the path to go down.

No no no no no. Linux emulation DOES exist in the freeBSD kernel.

What you mean is if somehow it included JIT recompilation of x86
bytecode so that we could run linux-x86 binaries. And yes, I agree that
would be awesome, however it would also take a metric fuckton (please
pardon my french) of horsepower to pull off in realtime.

(Has FreeBSD-ppc had all the binary emulation stuff stripped out of it,
or could I theoretically run a linux binary that was built for ppc?)