Apple Screamer Audio: looking for testers

Marco Trillo marcotrillo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:17:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Andreas Tobler <andreast-list at fgznet.ch> wrote:

>>> Hm, seems so. np so far, but having finished this build it will not get
>>> some
>>> success so far. My expectation.
>
> This mpg321 was for nothing! I changed to mpg123, easier and enough for my
> purpose.

I'm sorry you compiled all of that for nothing, "mpg321" was a bad
example in that respect :-(

>> Hmm... if you have finished the mpg321 build, can you try applying the
>> following patch for aoa.c ?
>
> [snip]
>
> Done, and now I'm happy :) !!!

Very nice!  :-)  Thanks a lot for testing it, so the final version
will work out of the box for (hopefully) all iMac DVs!

[...]
>>> Enabled outputs: Headphones/Speaker in the order I plug unplug the piece.
>>
>> Well, at least the port detection is working.
>
> And now even playing mp3 is working.
> The only thing I did not find out is how to play cd's, but that's not that
> important to me.

You can use a tool such as "cdda2wav" (distributed as part of
"cdrtools"), which has the ability to play CDs in 'live' but in
digital mode; in addition, of course, it can rip the tracks to files
in the hard disk...

Thanks !
Marco.