DFS on PowerBook5,4

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Mon Nov 3 00:22:04 PST 2008

Hi Marco,

Marco Trillo wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Andreas Tobler <andreast-list at fgznet.ch> wrote:
>> The problem I have, I do not know how and what to tell gpio to do the right
>> thing.
>>
>> At OF prompt I can set set-dfs-high and my PB comes up in full speed,
>> 1.5GHz.
>>
>> Having a look at set-dfs-high:
>>
>> set-dfs-high
>>   pvr@ 10 rshift 8003 <> if
>>     exit
>>     else
>>     5 1 gpio! 1 ms hid1@ 1 1f 9 - lshift andc hid1!
>>     then
>>   ; ok
>>
>> I see that I have to do something with gpio. But I do not know what and how.
>> The difference from set-dfs-high @ OF level and my implementation attempt is
>> the gpio part which is missing right now.
>
> Hmm... for the GPIO part, you might want to try the following ugly hack:
>
> #include <machine/pio.h>
>
> out8(0x8000006b, 0x5);
> DELAY(1000); /* wait 1 ms */
>
> ... I think it will do the same as "5 1 gpio! 1 ms" in OF, but of
> course, no warranty for that :)

It didn't burn the PowerBook :)

FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #8: Mon Nov  3 07:56:10 CET 2008

andreast at wolfram.andreas.nets:/usr/obj/export/devel/fbsd/src/sys/ANDREAST
cpu0: Motorola PowerPC 7447A revision 1.1, 1504.63 MHz
cpu0: L1 I-cache enabled, L1 D-cache enabled
cpu0: 512KB L2 cache
cpu0: HID0 8450c0bc<EMCP,TBEN,NAP,DPM,ICE,DCE,SGE,BTIC,LRSTK,FOLD,BHT>
cpu0: HID1 8000fc80<EMCP,PC1,PC2,PC3,PC4,SYNCBEI,ABE,res>
real memory  = 1063473152 (1014 MB)
avail memory = 1027330048 (979 MB)

Thanks a lot! Sometimes I seem to miss the simple things....

I continue playing.....

Thanks again,
Andreas