Subscribed to freebsd@freebsd.org.. but no mails?

nse nse at delfi-konsult.com
Sat Mar 15 12:36:43 UTC 2008

Hi guys
I signed up some 14 days ago to the freebsd-ppc at freebsd.org mailing-list....
but I have never received any mails (apart from the confirmation mail) ...
and I also noticed that a number of mails here do not show up on the mailman
archive list...
is this just "the-way-it-is-supposed-to-work" ? or ??

Anyways.. a couple of questions(that I also tried to mail to the
freebsd-ppc at freebsd.org)

I have installed FreeBSD on a an old TiBook(400Mhz) and so far i am pretty
impressed!!

a couple of questions though:

1.	Does the patch for "radeon_driver.c" have to be applied also for the
TiBook's ATI Mobility RAGE ??
	(I'm getting the following from Xorg.log:

(WW) xf86EnableIO 5
(II) xf86EnableIO: ffffffff
(WW) Can't map IO space!
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 00:10:0
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

I have tried to put in 'BusID "PCI:0:16:0"', as the card is found according
to :
(--) PCI:*(0:16:0) ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility M3 AGP 2x rev 2, Mem @
0xb4000000/26, 0xb0000000/14, I/O @ 0x0400/8, BIOS @ 0xb0020000/17
but so far no luck!

2.	Will there be any precompiled packages for the PowerPC ?

3.	Any chance of getting Java 1.5(or newer) working?
	(sofar it appears to be x86 or amd only)

regards
niels