Small buglet in binutils build

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Jan 24 23:11:20 PST 2008

Greetings,

While creating patches to allow the start of data to be marked, like
newer versions of binutils do on Linux, I had a college point out that
the gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ld/Makefile.powerpc was different than all
the others in FreeBSD:

% grep ^NATIVE Makefile.*
Makefile.alpha:NATIVE_EMULATION= elf64alpha_fbsd
Makefile.amd64:NATIVE_EMULATION= elf_x86_64_fbsd
Makefile.arm:NATIVE_EMULATION= armelfb_fbsd
Makefile.arm:NATIVE_EMULATION= armelf_fbsd
Makefile.i386:NATIVE_EMULATION= elf_i386_fbsd
Makefile.ia64:NATIVE_EMULATION= elf64_ia64_fbsd
Makefile.powerpc:NATIVE_EMULATION=      elf32ppc
Makefile.sparc64:NATIVE_EMULATION= elf64_sparc_fbsd

Notice a lack of _fbsd for the Makefile.powerpc line.  I believe this
is just a simple oversight as it is different than all the rest, has
no comment explaining it, and adding _fbsd works too.  The effect of
this is that anything that's in elf_fbsd.sh doesn't get included.

Any objections to my correcting this oversight?

Warner

P.S.  Many thanks to Peter Lei and Xiaode Xu for bringing this to my
attention.