gjournal on powerpc ?

Horst Günther Burkhardt III horst at sxemacs.org
Tue Dec 30 16:53:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 13:39 +0100, Niels S. Eliasen wrote:

> 1. how do you set the hardware clock on PowerPC ?? (dead-annoying that
> before getting ntpdate/ntpd running... all dates on the filesystems
> defaults to something in 1904 !!!)

Heh, mine default to 1976 ;) I believe this is in ofw, but don't know
where.

> 2. speaking of ntpdate/ntpd.... "named" would like to start before
> having set the date properly, which forces "named" to flunk out
> because of the date.... how to circumvent this ?

change the order of execution, procedure should be the same as on i386.
Unfortunately once again I don't know specifics.

> 3. 7.1-BETA2 complains on the logfiles in "/var/log" and they do not
> created correctly... and have to be "touch"'ed accordingly...

you could perhaps set /etc/rc.local to touch them on startup?

> 4. I have a problem with the "locate" command... it appears that the
> updatedb produces gibberish... and have tried to re-create the locate
> db database... but still no luck....
> 5. How do make a recovery CD for PowerPC ??? (it would have made my
> life a lot easier, having dump/restore easily available.... and
> principally the rest of  the FreeBSD available)

There is a set of tools called FreeSBIE, I believe there was some work
towards powerpc on this, but if you can get it working that will be the
easiest way to make a FreeBSD LiveCD or recovery CD.