Two issues. One minor, one major.

Horst Günther Burkhardt III horst at sxemacs.org
Wed Dec 10 09:58:54 PST 2008

Another thing I forgot: for those brave enough to look at this problem :
the entire session log can be found at http://rafb.net/p/MOTbHY26.html
relating to the failure of python25 to build. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I'm completely stumped as to the cause of this odd error.

ktrace and kdump links available:
ktrace  : http://midcom.unlogicnetworks/tmpfiles/python-compileall-trace.txt.bz2
kdump -f: http://midcom.unlogicnetworks/tmpfiles/python-compileall-kdump.txt.bz2
Hopefully these will help unearth what went wrong to some extent.

Is there anything further I can provide to assist with diagnosing the problem? (It has been suggested that this is an upstream bug perhaps.)

Thanks again,
-- Horst.