Sane CFLAGS.

Horst Günther Burkhardt III horst at sxemacs.org
Mon Dec 8 21:09:09 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 12:38 -0600, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
> Horst Günther Burkhardt III wrote:
> > Any way to just remove everything that Ports has done, and rebuild the entire lot using the settings i had saved? :\
> >
> If you need to wipe everything, pkg_deinstall -a

[ bsdbox ] [ root ] [ ~ ] ==> pkg_deinstall -a
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... ** Stale lock
file was found. Removed.
Illegal instruction: 4 (core dumped)

> You will need to reinstall everything by hand, unfortunately, but it
> will keep your settings.
>
> You can also make sure you got all the dependencies by doing pkg_info -r
> portupgrade*, which will list the packages on which portupgrade depends.
> -Nathan

Doctor, how hosed am I?...

(I'm glad I won't lose my distfiles at least, they're NFS mounted on the
same folder as my gentoo distfiles, for epic win.)

What's the advised course of action?

(If I _must_ reinstall is there a way to keep my ports options? some
sort of file I can back up?)

Also, do I have to go through the bootloader garbage again if I
reinstall? :(