Xorg on PowerMac G4

Justin Hibbits jrh29 at alumni.cwru.edu
Sat Apr 26 21:52:20 UTC 2008

After a few months of mulling it over, I want to give X another shot on my
Mac.  Last time I tried this I tried using the VGA because all the other
drivers packaged with the install disc required AGP, but none of the AGP
drivers were compiled by default (maybe this needs fixed for the default
kernel build?).

Anyway, my question is, starting from a fresh install of FreeBSD/ppc CURRENT
snapshot (or stock update), what is required to get X working on a PowerMac
G4 (MDD) with a Radeon 9800Pro (replacement for the card I fried getting VGA
working last time).

Thanks,

(an extra cautious) Justin Hibbits