Adding PMU support for Apple PPC-based computers

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sun Nov 18 15:40:46 PST 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:47:24 -0800
Peter Grehan <grehan at freebsd.org> wrote:

> > It has a G4 @ 533 MHz, but from dmesg I get:
> > root at kg-g4# dmesg | grep cpu
> > cpu0: Motorola PowerPC 7400 revision 2.9, 200.00 MHz
>
>   Fixed in -CURRENT and RELENG_7 so will be picked up in the next
> beta.

I don't think that the wrong speed was the cause, but my first
buildworld attempt after cvsup'ing made my g4 just freeze up. No
messages, no panic, no response.
However, after restarting it the build finsihed fine.
And now the speed is ok again:
tingo at kg-g4$ dmesg | grep cpu
cpu0: Motorola PowerPC 7400 revision 2.9, 533.34 MHz
cpu0: HID0 8094c0a4<EMCP,DOZE,DPM,EIEC,ICE,DCE,SGE,BTIC,BHT>

BTW, building a new world took "forever" with the wrong speed.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen