osx/ppc freebsd dualboot?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Thu Nov 1 15:59:17 PDT 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 22:23:48 -0600
carlos duarte <philipkthompson at gmail.com> wrote:

> i'd like to know if anyone out there has any info on how to establish
> a dualboot osx/ppcfreebsd machine. any and all help will be greatly
> appreciated.

FWIW, I use a boot script (freebsd.tbxi). when <space> is pressed on
boot, the bootscript will load the FreeBSD loader and then FreeBSD
boots. More info in the first 2007-01-29 entry on this page:
http://tingox.googlepages.com/powermac_g4_freebsd

The only problem with this approach is that Itend to keep space pressed
for too long, and then end up in the FreeBSD boot loader, and have to
issue the 'boot' command manually.
Not a big problem, the machine runs FreeBSD all the time anyway.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen