xorg-server build hack

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Mon Jan 29 22:18:09 UTC 2007

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:37:03 +0100
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> wrote:

> Grr, I was just baout to try this hack on my PowerMac G4 when the
> harddrive gave up. Luckily, it was the drive with OSX on (only used
> for booting), so now I'll just have to find me a new one.
> I'll be back...

It turns out that the OSX harddrive wasn't dead after all (probably just
a loose connector, but I have bought a spare drive just in case..).
I have tested Xorg with Peter's hack, and it works. I had to manually
specify the mode(s) for my cheap 17 inch monitor (it can only do
1280x1024), otherwise Xorg would try to use 1600x1200.
Other than that everything works fine. Details (xorg.conf, Xorg.0.log)
on my G4 page: http://tingox.googlepages.com/powermac_g4_freebsd

Xorg works! :-)
--
Torfinn