xorg-server build hack

Stephane E. Potvin sepotvin at videotron.ca
Fri Jan 26 17:07:41 UTC 2007

Peter Grehan wrote:
> Hi Stephane,
>
>> I have a local patchset that I'm currently working on that add support
>> for libgcc_s (shared libgcc) which might fix this problem. I have not
>> tested it on powerpc but at least it's compiling (survives a make
>> universe). If you want to give it a try just tell me and I'll send it
>> to you.
>
>  I don't know if it would help since Xorg config changes are required in
> any case. The pic version of libgcc.a came about from amd64 since they
> had similar issues to ppc with mixing static libs and pic libs.
>
>  Were you seeing problems like this as well ?

I've done this to fix another problem which is not related to this one.
I thought that it could help because the patch forces all library
linking to be done against libgcc_s.so.1 instead of the static libgcc.a
or libgcc_pic.a (there's no libgcc_pic.a anymore). The shared library
shouldn't have any pic problems.

Regards,

Steph