trouble compiling Ruby

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 17 14:49:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:43:51 +0100
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> mentioned:

> Sent in private email to you. I could also send it to the list if
> anyone else is interested.
>
> Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Well, I believe you have a broken libpthread installed:
configure:2631: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:2641: ./a.out
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libpthread.so.2: Undefined symbol
"__malloc_lock"

Where have you taken it from? Probably someone of ppc people can
comment this... It looks like libpthread uses sybmol not defined in
libc. You can, however edit port's Makefile to make it not compilile
libpthread in as temporary solution.

PS: i've recently received apple g3 imac, so I'll probably be able to
help you further soon. Just need to find usb keyboard somewhere.

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE