6.2-RC2 available

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sun Jan 14 18:02:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 20:09:42 -0800
Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt at mac.com> wrote:

> A 6.2-RC2 release build has completed and I uploaded it to ftp-master
> in /pub/FreeBSD/releases/powerpc.

I can confirm that RC2 (6.2-RC2-powerpc-disc1.iso) boots froms Open
Firmware on my PowerMac G4. (Booting with the 'C* key results in a hang
after the two KDB lines are prited on the screen).

Thanks to everyone involved for the great work!

This machine has been been broken (read: FreeBSd not working) for a long
time, see my work log here:
http://tingox.googlepages.com/powermac_g4_freebsd

But the last time it ran, it was with the 7.0 snapshot from 20051105.
Can I just do a "binary upgrade" with 6.2-RC2 over that installation,
or will that result in bad things?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,