Mac Mini freezes

Jamie Moore rhythms at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 16:48:12 UTC 2006

Hi Peter,

To update you: while building x11/xorg on its own I had a freeze, rebooting
and restarting build finish successfully.

Subsequently, I set off x11-toolkits/gtk20 and mail/postfix to build
simultaneously but that lead to a freeze after five or so minutes.

(gtk20)
/usr/local/bin/libtool --mode=compile cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
-I. -c ./jidctint.c
 cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I. -c ./jidctint.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/jidctint.o
Read from remote host macmini.jamiem.home: Operation timed out

(postfix)
(cd .libs && rm -f libpcre.so && ln -s libpcre.so.0 libpcre.so)
(cd .libs && rm -f libpcre.so && ln -s libpcre.so.0 libpcre.so)
Read from remote host macmini.jamiem.home: Operation timed out

The console on the Mac Mini is locked and pings time out.

Is there anything I can run while building ports that will help debug?

Kind regards,

Jamie.