FreeBSD 6.0 on Pegasos/ODW

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Fri Jun 30 14:52:36 UTC 2006

> Building was a miserable failure. It went through and did the world
> and then the kernel failed first because driver "zs" wasn't found (we
> commented out zs and put the 16550 uart in instead) and then it churned
> and puked on linking;

  The sio driver doesn't work on FreeBSD/ppc. It requires an attachment
to a bus somewhere (there's no ISA bus attachment). I do have it sort-of
working with the psim simulator (with an 'iobus' attachment), but
you've just hit the fact that porting to a new platform with different
hardware than Macs doesn't come for free - there's always going to be
some development required.

later,

Peter.