FreeBSD 6.0 on Pegasos/ODW

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Sat Jul 1 07:55:56 UTC 2006

Matt Sealey wrote:

>>   It is like that, and as mentioned previously, some grunt
>> work is required, such as adding ISA bus support and the
>> necessary bus-space work for i/o access. Sparc64 has ISA
>> support as a proof-of-concept.
>
> Any docs or mailing list archive on that effort?
>
> I'm all for a little poke around. Disabling sio would be the first
> step though, so the kernel actually links..

Matt,
I've had ISA initially working on FreeBSD/ppc with kernel console over
sio in particular, when doing a port to MPC750 CompactPCI board. I don't
have my changes at hand as I had to return the (loaner) equipment and
kind of dropped the activities around it. But from what I remember it
wasn't very hard to get sio in kernel working - there was some VIA
PCI-ISA bridge chip with driver already supported for i386, so after
gluing it to powerpc kernel and setting proper address ranges in
device.hints for sio it worked.

I could dig in my archives for those changes sometime next week if
you're interested.

Rafal