FreeBSD on an Efika

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Mon Dec 18 09:22:42 PST 2006

Hi Andrew,

> I'm getting correct values from mem_regions. I can read from the
> physical address.

  What values are you getting back ? Does it look like what the system
should have ? Did you read as well as write the physical value ?

> It is reading from msgbufp where it stop working.

  What're the virtual/physical values used when creating the msgbuf
mapping with pmap_kenter() in machdep.c:powerpc_init() ? After that
mapping has been created, can you read/write to the buffer in that
routine ? Do you end up in the trap handler if you touch msgbuf ?

  pmap_kenter() is fundamental to the operation of the system and
probably OK, so something else must be afoot.

later,

Peter.