FreeBSD on an external Firewire HD

Rickey Bartlett subtexel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 12:48:24 UTC 2006

Yeah, I tried that just after posting that question. Maybe I shouldnt try to
do these things when I have been up for such a long time, especially when
the error was so obvious. :) Ah well.

Portsnap is happily extracting away right now, and I have a lot of work to
do on that machine. But, the important thing is I finally have FreeBSD on my
PowerBook, well kind of ;) Even if, for the moment it is more of a novelty
than anything. Thanks for your help!

Oops, real quick... Do you know the status of the Wireless driver? Does it
have a Windows counterpart ? (I was hoping to use NDIS wrapper if all else
failed... Either that or just put one of my other wireless cards in it...).

Rickey