FreeBSD on an external Firewire HD

Rickey Bartlett subtexel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 02:43:48 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have been trying to install FreeBSD 6.0 (I have tried the 7.0 current but
I cant get it to boot, the cd spins up when pressing the C key but it doesnt
boot off the cd, anyhow thats a different problem...) on my PowerBook G4 17"
model with the ATI video card (I am not sure of the revision, but in the
info it says Machine Model: PowerBook5,3). It boots to the Sysinstall
portion, and I can not enter any thing. I have tried booting with an
external USB keyboard, disabling the bluetooth with hint
pcib.1.slotnumber=26 at the loader portion, and then loading the kernel but
the same happens everytime. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.