Non existent keyboard/mouse?

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 25 19:49:07 GMT 2005

Hi Arun,

>My Mac Mini has only one USB keyboard connected to it. But
FreeBSD shows:

>ukbd0: vendor 0x05ac product 0x1000, rev 2.00/19.65, addr
2, iclass 3/1
>ums0: vendor 0x05ac product 0x1000, rev 2.00/19.65, addr 2,
iclass 3/1
>What's the right way to fix this issue?

 This is what happens when you have an internal Bluetooth
adapter. It masquerades as a UHID device, I'm guessing so
you can use a wireless kbd/mse without requiring a s/w
b'tooth stack.

 This also happens in the portables. The hack is that the
probing of that slot can be disabled from the loader e.g. on
powerbooks,

OK set hint.pcib.1.skipslot=26

 I don't know if there's a clean way to fix it, other than
having the syscons kbd mux installed so it doesn't
automatically pick the first keyboard. It may be useful if
you do actually have a bluetooth keyboard/mouse.

later,

Peter.