Keyboards and new PowerBook G4s [Was: Re: KBD_INSTALL_CDEV]

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 21 09:10:13 PST 2005

Hi Holland,

>I did try it with, and without (the hint. line) with the
same results
>(internal keyboard unusable). Could you please let me know
how to
>find out which "slot" is responsible for the pseudo
Bluetooth keyboard
>+mouse.

 From memory, the vendor ID for the PCI USB OHCI chip
corresponded to Apple, rather than NEC which was the USB2
EHCO vendor on the powerbooks. It is a bit tricky to catch
that as the probe messages fly by.

 Is it possible to plug an external USB keyboard in ? If you
can boot up with that, then it will be possible to look at
the dmesg to see what is being detected.

later,

Peter.