7.0-snap available

Florent Thoumie flz at xbsd.org
Wed Nov 9 14:15:40 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 17:43 -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Monday 07 November 2005 04:54 pm, Peter Grehan wrote:
> >  > >I even suspect the same would happen on i386.
> >  >
> >  > No, it isn't.
> >
> >   OK, I'm happy to stand corrected.
> >
> > > probably because GEOM thinks that something else has ad1s5 open
> > > still.  Might be a bug in the ppc libdisk bits maybe?
> >
> >   More likely the GEOM apple partition code. Perhaps a reference count
> > being held when it shouldn't. But it's all moot until the loader has
> > support for a partitioning scheme - 'auto' will be disabled.
> >
> >   So John when are you going to install on your Powerbook ? :)
>
> Heh, when I can figure out a way to partition the disk up.  I guess I'd need
> to reinstall tiger to layout all the partitions, etc.  Having the built-in
> keyboard work would be an added incentive. :)  It sure gets better battery
> life than my current freebsd luggable.  (45 minutes without wireless if I'm
> lucky, more like 15 with wireless)

	I'd be interested if you find a way to shrink your Tiger
	partition. I've been pondering reinstalling Tiger for weeks but
	if I could find something else, that could save me from
	(useless) backups.

	Anyway, I thought that latest Powerbook's keyboards were
	supported (as I advertised in platforms/ppc.html :))

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org