cvsup?

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Mon Jun 27 20:59:34 GMT 2005

At 10:19 AM +0200 6/27/05, Maxime Henrion wrote:

>The latest version of the snapshot can be found at :
>
>http://mu.org/~mux/csup.html
>
>I'd be interested in knowing if it works fine under FreeBSD/ppc.

I downloaded the latest version, and it compiled without any
problems on powerPC, and seems to be working fine.  It is relatively
slow, but then that was mentioned on the web page.  But if you're on
a platform where we don't have modula-3 support, then it's much better
to have csup as an option, than to have no cvsup-ish option at all!

I don't know if csup results in a larger load on the server that
it's pointed at.

What I did was 'csup' once, pointing at my own cvsup-mirror.  I
compared that to the src tree I had via other means.  I then updated
my cvsup-mirror, and then updated both the 'csup' src tree and the
'cvsup' one.  The 'csup' src-tree was updated with all the same
changes as the 'cvsup' one.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu