FreeBSD/ppc Project Page is alive

Andreas Tobler toa at pop.agri.ch
Sun Jun 26 20:23:05 GMT 2005

David Leimbach wrote:
> Nathan,
>
> Thanks but mine is not one of these :).
>
> I still have ADB [not ADC] :).
>
> In fact I tried to plug my usb keyboard into my laptop to use that  and
> it was not
> properly initialized it seems [the 6.0 SNAP for FreeBSD image was  what
> I used]

The Albooks have usb kbd, but the internal kbd is handled over adb driver.
I have my albook with external USB kbd running, or ssh ;) In the known
issue sections it says that you might have to set :
OK set hint.pcib.1.skipslot=26

I do not have to set this, but maybe I'm just lucky. Also, I run my book
with cvs kernel and cvs src.

Did you take the snap from Peter ? If so, there is a little pci issue
not included there. An issue which makes my Titanium (the second
machine) unusable with external kbd. See
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2005-May/046972.html

Andreas