FreeBSD/ppc Project Page is alive

Andreas Tobler toa at pop.agri.ch
Sat Jun 25 07:04:04 GMT 2005

Florent Thoumie wrote:
>         Hey,
>
>         I've just updated the page from information gathered either in
>         the wiki or in the mailing list archive (after Simon corrected
>         some SGML bits).
>
>         Feel free to post your comments on what you think should be
>         added/removed. It lacks some machines in the Supported Hardware
>         part so if you're luckily running FreeBSD on some other machines
>         just tell.
>
>         Thanks for all people who work{,ed} on FreeBSD/ppc, especially
>         Peter.
>
>         Note: If you're too lazy or simply not interested in SGML, just
>         send plain text and I'll do the conversion.

Cool Thanks!

May we add the following links to the Doc section?
Helpful at least for me to debug low level stuff.

http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn2004.html
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn2023.html
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn2001.html

And to the known issues section:

No Altivec support yet.

Thank you,

Andreas

Running fbsd on a al book 1.5GHz.

albook kernel: FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #3: Mon Jun 20 21:01:33 CEST 2005
albook kernel: Preloaded elf kernel "/boot/kernel/kernel" at 0x57e000.
albook kernel: Timecounter "decrementer" frequency 18432000 Hz quality 0
albook kernel: cpu0: Motorola PowerPC 7447A revision 1.1, 752.32 MHz