Minor issues of time on PPC

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Wed Jul 20 00:42:58 GMT 2005

>>>   - locate doesn't seem to work at all, which I actually
>>>     have started to look into a bit.
>>
>> Just FYI, the NetBSD locate compiles and works fine.
>
> Yes, but it is missing some features that are in the FreeBSD
> version.  I was hoping I could just pick up some fixes from the
> NetBSD or OpenBSD versions, but it's not going to be that simple...

  I just looked through a really old build log I have and there was one
compile warning in locate:

===> usr.bin/locate/code
cc -O -pipe
-I/usr/home/grehan/freebsd/dev/src/usr.bin/locate/code/../locate  -
c /usr/home/grehan/freebsd/dev/src/usr.bin/locate/code/locate.code.c
/usr/home/grehan/freebsd/dev/src/usr.bin/locate/code/locate.code.c: In
function
`main':
/usr/home/grehan/freebsd/dev/src/usr.bin/locate/code/locate.code.c:227:
warning:
  comparison is always false due to limited range of data type

  .. though that line of code doesn't look like it would cause locate to
bomb out all the time:

   /* print umlauts in file names */
   if (*cp < ASCII_MIN ||
       *cp > ASCII_MAX) {