Mac Mini panic

Sean Welch Sean_Welch at alum.wofford.org
Wed Jul 13 01:04:19 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:49:25AM +1000, Peter Grehan wrote:
>  'trace' will give the backtrace, but I'm guessing what has happened is
> that part of init was being swapped out and failed, killing init, and
> hitting the panic in the exit syscall where it detects if init is the
> process exiting.

Here you go:

db> trace
Tracing pid 1 tid 100006 td 0xf60e600
0xd7c4f720: at panic+0x134
0xd7c4f7c0: at exit1+0xcc
0xd7c4f840: at sigexit+0x120
0xd7c4f860: at sendsig+0x2e0
0xd7c4fcf0: at trapsignal+0x1e8
0xd7c4fd60: at trap+0x288
0xd7c4fda0: at powerpc_interrupt+0xc0
0xd7c4fdd0: user ISI trap by 0x7fffefd4: srr1=0x4000d032
            r1=0x7fffd9b0 cr=0x24000042 xer=0x20000000 ctr=0x1
db>

>  No kernel dumps yet. 'man ddb' when the system is running normally
> will give a list of commands that can be issued to the debugger, as well
> as '?' at the prompt itself.

No dumps?  I did take a look at the man page on my laptop but still
didn't know how to proceed...

>  About the only advice I can give is see if you can reproduce this each
> time with the xfce package build. That then allows some more debug to be
> put in.

After fsck'ing the disk I immediately tried another make clean and
got the same result.

db> trace
Tracing pid 0 tid 0 td 0x468830
0x00431e30: at panic+0x134