FreeBSD-ppc on an external hdd (Mac Mini)

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 1 01:57:31 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 07:17:12PM -0400, Suleiman Souhlal wrote:
> On Jun 30, 2005, at 6:41 PM, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> >Also, what does sysinstall run to look at these partitions?  I
> >tried 'bsdlabel' to read the list of partitions, but all it would
> >say was:   "a -m <architecture> option must be specified"
>
> We don't support bsd labels on ppc.. I had patches that I sent phk to
> make them work, about a year ago, but he said he'd rather not have
> them supported, because of their limits.

At this point with FreeBSD/PPC 6.0-RELEASE happening we can't stick our
heads in the sand anymore.  What type of labels do we support and which
non-Sysinstall programs does one use when adding a 2nd disk to their
system?

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)