Mac mini and FreeBSD - buildworld

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Wed Jan 26 22:32:07 PST 2005

At 10:36 PM -0500 1/26/05, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

>Hmm.  And after running this for a few days without any problem,
>including a few buildworld attempts, the machine just locked up
>on me.

Well, it came up with a 'partially-truncated inode', and I had
to run `fsck' manually.  Note that while I am running with
softupdates turned on for the /-partition, I also have

background_fsck="NO"

set in /etc/rc.conf, so the fsck has to succeed before the system
comes completely up.  So it went into single-user mode, I did the
'fsck -y', rebooted, and it seems to have recovered okay.

(I just wanted to mention the background_fsck="NO" part, in case
anyone else is thinking of running with softupdates turned on...)

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu