Mac mini and FreeBSD - buildworld

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Wed Jan 26 20:15:18 PST 2005

At 8:06 PM -0800 1/26/05, David Leimbach wrote:
>>  If it doesn't respond to outside pings, I'd say it's hung.
>>There's no easy way to generate an NMI on Mac platforms, so
>>it's time to reboot :(
>>

>Command-Power on powerbooks does an NMI IIRC.

Heh.  I was wondering about that, but the USB keyboard that I have
does not include a power-on key...

My mac was not responding to anything on the keyboard, and attempts to
ssh into the box were timing out, so I held down the power button on
the back of the Mac-mini for a few (10?) seconds.  That successfully
powered it down, and then I powered it back up.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu