Interest in 64-bit time_t for PPC port?

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Mon Jan 12 15:19:10 PST 2004

At 9:08 AM +1000 1/13/04, Peter Grehan wrote:

>>  >  I am not running freebsd/ppc on anything yet, so I don't
>>  > think my opinion on this counts for much.
>
>  Now's your chance :-)

I do intend to put freebsd/ppc on my old iBook, or maybe my
G4 cube (if I could set that up to dual-boot), but I haven't
had the time yet.

>Since there's so few users, bin-compat isn't an issue, and
>it's a chance for me to drop in some binary incompat in the
>signal code.

The script and the instructions should "make it easier" to
make it through a source-upgrade of many kinds of incompatible
changes.  They are not specific to the 64-bit change.  (or at
least, I don't *think* they are...)

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu