PPC miniinst.iso available

Frank Nobis fn at radio-do.de
Fri Dec 31 13:40:59 PST 2004

Am 31. Dez 2004 um 07:16 schrieb Peter Grehan:

> Hi Lucas,
>
>> I just tested it with an apple pro keyboard from my wife's powermac.
>> The keyboard works if its in the usb port before freebsd is booted.
>> If you add the keyboard after bootup it does not seem to detect it.
>> I was able to exit the installer with the keyboard attached.
>
>  Thanks for that! At least the problem is narrowed down somewhat
> to what's happening on the Albook.

I tried with a black pro keyboard, but had no luck.

I saw the keyboard show up during the boot, but it did not respond in
the initial sysinstall screen.

The hardware as from apple profiler:

Hub in Apple Extended USB Keyboard:

   Herstellername:	Mitsumi Electric
   Produkt-ID:	4098 ($1002)
   Geschwindigkeit:	Bis zu 12 MBit/Sek
   Bus-Strom (mA):	500

Apple Optical USB Mouse:

   Herstellername:	Fujitsu Takamisawa Component
   Geschwindigkeit:	Bis zu 1,5 MBit/Sek
   Produkt-ID:	770 ($302)
   Bus-Strom (mA):	100

Apple Extended USB Keyboard:

   Herstellername:	Mitsumi Electric
   Geschwindigkeit:	Bis zu 12 MBit/Sek
   Produkt-ID:	517 ($205)
   Bus-Strom (mA):	250

Hardware-Übersicht:

   Computermodell:	PowerBook G4 17"
   CPU-Typ:	PowerPC G4  (1.1)
   Anzahl der CPUs:	1
   CPU-Geschwindigkeit:	1.33 GHz
   L2-Cache (pro CPU):	512 KB
   Speicher:	1.5 GB
   Busgeschwindigkeit:	167 MHz
   Boot-ROM-Version:	4.7.1f1

Gruß
	Frank
- --
Frank Nobis, Thielenstr. 12, 44369 Dortmund

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?