How are things looking?

Alex Zepeda zipzippy at sonic.net
Sat Sep 13 23:10:04 PDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 02:38:09PM +1000, peterg at ptree32.com.au wrote:

>  FreeBSD will use the console device that OpenFirmware is
> set to. You can use the FreeBSD loader in place of the
> NetBSD one, and OFW can even boot a FreeBSD kernel directly.

Nope.  I've got an OldWorld machine (Beige G3, OF 2.01f).  It only
understands XCOFF binaries.  So I tried using objdump and fixcoff on the
NetBSD side to convert the FreeBSD loader, and that didn't work.

Tried booting the kernel directly (after converting it to XCOFF of course)
and that didn't work either.

FWIW I'm using the binutils on my mac and not anything that may have been
generated by the cross buildworld

I guess I'll try stripping the binaries before running them through objdump and
fixcoff.

'Course I'm not having much luck with those awful pkgsrc tools either :))

- alex