How are things looking?

Alex Zepeda zipzippy at sonic.net
Thu Sep 11 11:39:09 PDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 04:11:36AM +1000, peterg at ptree32.com.au wrote:

>  Yes to both. Converting FreeBSD's loader to XCOFF (or
> the minor variant understood by OpenFirmware) shouldn't
> be too hard.

Any idea if the NetBSD loader would work in a pinch?

> Device support is a bit of an issue. I do
> own a beige G3, and will attempt to support it at some
> point. It shares much of the hardware of the B&W G3, which
> I am working on currently, so all is not lost.

Well if there's anything I can do, let me know.

>  As for any earlier non-G3 boxes, I'd say there's not much
> chance of running FreeBSD on them.

Well if the Beige G3s eventually find support, I can't imagine that
supporting the earlier OF models would be too hard.  Of course the non OF
models would be a whole 'nother matter.

Have fun at BSDCon.. I think I'll probably be in Berkeley today... but
trying to keep the friend's French diesel powered car running instead. :-D

- alex