How are things looking?

Alex Zepeda zipzippy at sonic.net
Tue Sep 9 22:24:44 PDT 2003

I've got a Beige G3 running NetBSD that's pulling web/mail server duty at
blarf.homeip.net.  Unfortunately I'm really missing a lot of the little
things from FreeBSD (my other box is a P2-450 running FreeBSD-current).

So now I've got a few questions:

Is FreeBSD even bootable on any old world machines?  If not, what's
standing in the way?  The boot loader?  Is there an XCOFF version of the
boot loader?  Lack of driver support?

Cross building from ia32 seems to be broken (looked like it died in the
crypto stuff with gcc not being able to find any spare ia32 registers...),
is this a known issue?

- alex