I just dont seem to be having any luck....

Corry Andrew Lazarowitz corry at unt.edu
Wed Nov 12 18:46:46 PST 2003

So now I have the file system created, and tried to untar the ppc-root-xxxxxx.tbz2 file.  That errored out into a debugger that I couldnt seem to exit.  I tried it again, after newfs again, and the same thing happened.  I untared/compressed the archive and tried to cp -R it.  I got what I think is the same error.  I then read this: "(this will take quite a while. I have found that the dreaded  'ad0: device write underrun'" Now I am not sure if this is what I have since I am copying from the network, so I decide, to go to the sbin director which it is guaranteed to fail in, and write a script to copy a file, then sleep for a second, then copy, etc.  Same thing happened, it just took longer.

The exact error I have on my screen now is this:
panic:  vm_pageout_flush: partially invalid page 0xe010bca0 index 9/10
Welcome to Debugger, panic
Stopped at 0x3193ec: lwn r0, r1, 0x14

I also noticed no solution was offered to the underrun problem up there, else I'd have tried it.  If it is simply repeat, I have tried that 3 different ways, about 5 times each.
Any ideas?  I am a programmer, so if there is something that specifically needs to be done for the imac dv model, I will probably do it, just so I can have this thing running.  If it is that, I will need some direction though on where to start and what I should be looking for
Thanks
Corry