starting fresh

Joel Diaz joeldiaz at mac.com
Wed Dec 10 21:42:33 PST 2003

On Dec 9, 2003, at 8:52 PM, David Leimbach wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2003, at 1:43 PM, David Leimbach wrote:
>
> I wonder if it would boot from an iPod :)
>
> Dave

I've been running CURRENT off of my iPod for a few weeks (the HD on my
laptop has taken a permanent vacation on me), and your comment made me
wonder about the status of my iPod.  Well, I repartitioned it using
Disk Utility, and ran the iPod Software 1.3.1 Updater and choose
'Restore' and it restores the iPod back to factory settings.  I have a
first generation iPod and have no idea if this would also work for the
new slimmer iPods.

Joel