ppc hardware

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 17 23:16:09 PDT 2003

Hi Clark,

> http://www.technowarehousellc.com/duallinpcica.html
>
> Anybody have OEM or actual manufacturer links for this
> piece of hardware? At $4k it's pricey but if I could
> run FreeBSD on it, I could see some uses for it instead of
> having to buy an SSL accelerator/load-balancer.

 It looks like the manufacturer is www.dualg4.com.

 It would take a bit of work to get FreeBSD to run on this: firstly,
the port's reliance on OpenFirmware would have to be divorced, /boot/loader
ported to PPCBoot/U-Boot, and a driver written for the Galileo 64260
system controller and built-in peripherals
(http://www.marvell.com/products/communication/discovery/GT-64260A.jsp).

 At least the first two of these tasks are required for many embedded PPC boards,
one of which I own, so it will be done at some point.

later,

Peter.