pkg-fallout: License not correctly defined: defining both LICENSE_FILE and LICENSE_TEXT is not allowed

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Thu May 13 16:08:49 UTC 2021

## Chris (portmaster at bsdforge.com):

> HOWEVER the error returned by pkg-fallout@ makes absolutely no
> sense at all, given the Makefile for the report contains only:

Foremost, that Makefile has an .include, and that's where the mess
(for this use case) happens.
>From a quick glance, I'm not totally sure how that
kde-icons-noia/Makefile.icons makes sense in the grand scheme of
things (if it's that common functionality, should it live somewhere
in Mk? if it's relevant only for a very limited number of ports, should
it have some comments about that?), but the way it currently interacts
with your port is not that fine: in the very least, it overwrites
your LICENSE variables, which cannot be your intention. (Try
"make -V LICENSE" in kde-icons-nuovoext2).

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space